Over 160 people from Dharavi, many of them children, were hospitalised on Thursday as they took ill after playing Holi allegedly with toxic colours. While some children fainted or felt giddy, others went blue as the contaminated colours were ingested, witnesses and doctors said. Four children and one adult are serious and in the ICU of Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Hospital in Sion.

The incident was reported around 1.30 pm when a bunch of boys fainted in a lane near Dharavi. Soon, many more cases started getting reported around Dharavi and Sion.