Pune Road and rail traffic came to a standstill on old Mumbai-Pune highway after leakage from an LPG tanker that turned turtle near Kamshet on Tuesday.

Trains switched to diesel engines
in the nearby railway line due to the potential threat from overhead high tension wires. People living within the radius of one kilometer were evacuated, and domestic gas cylinders shifted out of the area.

ALUVA: Four persons were killed and many seriously injured when the concrete tank of a biogas plant at Edathala near Aluva exploded owing to a suspected pressure build-up, on Wednesday.

The deceased were identified as Lalu, 42, of Kochi; Safangiri, 30, of Kolkata, and Ibrahim, 75 of Lucknow, while one body is yet to be identified.

Mumbai Twelve villagers from Kathai, Dhondi and Talodi villages in Bhiwandi were admitted to the Indira Gandhi Memorial Hospital on Thursday afternoon after they complained of burning eyes, breathing difficulty, nausea and vomiting out blood.

Bokaro, July 5: Leaking carbon monoxide triggered an alarm at Bokaro Steel Limited last evening.

Three workers at blast furnace II of the plant accidentally inhaled the leaking gas and fell unconscious. Naresh Ekka, Nandlal Chauhan and Santosh Goswami were rushed to Bokaro General Hospital.

US lawmakers have asked Dow Chemical to clean up the soil and underground water contaminated by the deadly gas leak at Union Carbide plant at Bhopal but the US firm disowned the liabilities saying that it never owned or operated the disgraced plant site.

CHENNAI: Forty persons were hospitalised after they were exposed to chlorine gas leak from a water distribution station of the Chennai Metrowater at Rajamangalam near Villivakkam, on Tuesday.

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Around 30 persons were hospitalised after they suffered discomfort following the leakage of chlorine at Vellaykadavu within the Vilappilsala Police Station limits here on Tuesday evening.

According to the police, an unused chlorine cylinder had leaked by around 6.30 p.m.

Ambala: Ammonia gas leaked from a pipeline here on Friday causing panic among employees of a milk plant.

Around six employees of the Vita milk plant were affected by the ammonia gas and were admitted to local hospital, official sources said here. A number of people of the adjoining colonies complained of the effect of the gas on their eyes.

GUWAHATI, Sept 21: Karbi Anglong is still recuperating from yesterday

BHUBANESWAR: At least four persons were killed after inhaling poisonous gas that emanated from a steel plant in Orissa