Shut water supply, lock guards people living in village Vadgaon Dadahari in Beed district of Maharashtra have been inhaling flyash-laden air for the past five years. The pollution is caused by the nearby Parli power plant that generates 690 MW power for the Maharashtra State Power Generation Company Limited. On July 19, when strong winds carried large quantities of flyash

The large population of blackbucks in Maharashtra

Maharashtra district plans to relocate 4,000 antelopes THE large population of blackbucks in Maharashtra

Book>> The Book of Indian Butterflies

Aurangabad municipal corporation sets an example aurangabad municipal corporation is the first municipal body in Maharashtra to adopt e-tendering for clearing and commissioning projects. All projects costing more than Rs 25,000 are cleared through e-tendering. The project, launched in May 2007, has saved the corporation close to Rs 2.50 crore.

Unlicensed firecracker factory did not observe safety rules SEVEN girls, mostly adolescents, working in a firecracker factory in Beed district of Maharashtra were killed and six others injured when the explosives kept on the premises caught fire causing an explosion. Eyewitnesses said the impact was so severe that the workers were blown apart. Their body parts were strewn in a

Excessive sand mining causes acute water scarcity in Marathwada Farmers of Wadwali village in Maharashtra are keeping a lookout for sand mining contractors who often come there to excavate the Godavari

Maharashtra acquires land by force NATHNAGAR village, about 20 km from Aurangabad, lost its crop before harvest. On December 3, officials of the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation went there to take possession of about 50 hectares that has been earmarked for a pharmaceutical special economic zone being set up by Ajanta Process Engineering Company. But due to stiff

Back in Aurangabad after nine years a fresh case of polio has come to light in Aurangabad district of Maharashtra after nine years. Four-year-old Arbaz Hasan Khan was diagnosed with the viral disease on October 4 in the foothill village of Vetalwadi in Soygaon tehsil. Arbaz got polio despite having been given seven doses of polio vaccine at the nearby Jarandi primary health centre.

Four others severely malnourished SEVERE malnutrition has claimed the life of a five-year-old boy at a charitable hostel in Jalna in Maharashtra. Four other boys, between five and 11 years of age, are in a serious condition. All the boys are mentally impaired and abandoned by their parents. Doctors at the civil hospital they were admitted to confirmed that all the five boys had not