Action Against Hunger released the 2024 Water Funding Gap report, finding that globally, only 36% of appeals for water- and sanitation-related funding were met in 2023, leaving a 64% gap.

India is a vast country with varied hydrogeological situations resulting from diversified geological, climatological and topographic settings. Water-bearing rock formations (aquifers), range in age from Archaean to Recent.

The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has published the Water Purification System (Regulation of Use) Rules, 2023. The rules outline guidelines for the proper management, storage, and utilization of reject water and discarded elements generated by these systems.

This paper highlights the importance of water valuation and pricing for sustainable and efficient water allocation and management in India. An efficient water-pricing mechanism could be a tool to address the impending crisis of water scarcity, which necessitates a robust, objective, and holistic valuation technique.

This report summarizes the World Health Organization’s (WHO) global work on water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) during 2022. It describes how the Organization continued to deliver its essential WASH programming as elaborated in its 2018–2025 strategy.

The Ministry of Jal Shakti on August 08, 2023, notified Guidelines on accessible and inclusive piped water supply for persons with disabilities and for other population groups with access challenges.

Various government initiatives aim to realise water security and conservation for sustainable development and equity. The Government of India’s Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM), for example, in line with the global ‘Sustainable Development Goal (SDG): 6’, is targeting the water security of individuals in the last mile of service delivery.

This policy brief, published by T20 India, draws on experience and lessons from G20 and other countries in achieving Target 6.1 of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) — it envisages ways to achieve universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water for all by 2030.

This paper aims to review the state of gender equality in Sustainable Development Goal 6 (SDG 6) and showcases how a gender perspective can inform and strengthen the discourse around SDG 6 acceleration.

Women and girls responsible for fetching water in 7 out of 10 households without supplies on premises, according to this first in-depth analysis of gender inequalities in drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) in households.