Sardinata (Colombia), Jan. 27: An explosion likely caused by a methane gas buildup ripped through an underground coal mine in Colombia during a shift change on Wednesday, killing 21 workers, officials said.

KANPUR: Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL) director RD Goyal visited the company's plant in Auraiya on Sunday and ordered a probe into the fire that broke out at the plant on Saturday.

A senior official of GAIL was killed while three others sustained serious burns when the fire broke out at the GAIL plant in Dibiyapur in Auraiya, about 200-km from the state capital.

A committee has been c

Three cleaners who went into a manhole in a banquet hall at Adarsh Nagar area died from toxic gases on Tuesday afternoon.

Satyasundar Barik

BHUBANESWAR: At least one engineer died and two others were battling for life when they sustained serious burn injuries after coming in contact with hot ash on campus of Bhushan Power and Steel Limited, Thelkoli in Sambalpur district, about 350 km from here on Sunday

The November 2009 exposure of employees at the Kaiga nuclear power plant to tritiated water is not the first instance of high radiation exposures to workers. Over the years, many nuclear reactors and other facilities associated with the nuclear fuel cycle operated by the Department of Atomic Energy have had accidents of varying severity.

BHUBANESWAR: For the first time in India, Orissa will become the only state to have a rehabilitation centre for industrial workers, who met with accidents while disbursing their duties.

Earlier, the industrial workers were subjected only to a monetary benefit scheme following a mishap, but no other way to help them to start a new life after their recovery.

Firecracker factory was operating illegally an explosion in a firecracker factory in Maharashtra

Sangeetha Neeraja

THE life of a quarry worker is hardly an enviable one, consisting, as it does, of hours of hard grinding labour under the scorching sun. And the election season has only made things worse for them.

BHUBANESWAR: At least three people were killed after inhaling poisonous carbon monoxide gas in a sponge iron factory in Orissa's Jharsuguda district, police said Friday.

The deaths occurred at the Singhal Enterprises Private Ltd. factory at Hirma, some 400 km from here, at around 8 p.m. Thursday.

East St. Louis: Two persons have died after exposure to a dangerous chemical at a storage and mixing plant, a city official said today.

At least eight people were sickened by exposure to the chemical yesterday, and emergency rooms were quarantined at two St. Louis hospitals where those people sought treatment.

In a statement issued early today, East St. Louis City Manager Robert Betts said two people had died. The chemical was released when a barrel was dropped at the Ro-Corp. plant.